With a degree in Management from MVNU, you will be prepared to take charge in an evolving industry that is in need of talented managers with strong organizational abilities, good people skills, and a solid understanding of what it means to be an ethical leader. All professions require highly qualified managers, so there are limitless opportunities for excellence in whatever area you choose to build a career.
- Faith integration — We place a strong emphasis on the connection between Judeo-Christian principles and business. We are devoted to helping you create an ethical foundation upon which you can build your business career.
- Professional opportunities — As a Management major at MVNU, you’ll have access to institutional connections with business leaders in the Columbus region and beyond. Plus, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in Enactus, an award-winning entrepreneurial campus organization that enables students to network and begin their professional journey long before graduation.
- 4+1 MBA program — Students ultimately seeking an MBA can complete coursework during their undergraduate studies, obtaining both a bachelor’s degree of their choice and a master’s degree in Business Administration in only five years.
- Professor Timothy Chesnut
- Associate Professor of Finance
- Dr. James Dalton
- Professor of Accounting
- Dr. Kevin Hughes
- Professor of Management, Associate Dean for GPS Administration
- Professor Judy Madtes
- Assistant Professor of Business
- Dr. Kelly Rush
- Associate Professor of Finance
- Dr. Mark Shoaf
- Professor of Management
- Dr. Melanie Spangler-Timmerman
- Professor of Business, School Dean
MVNU is known for putting out savvy, real-world-ready Management graduates. That is due, in part, to our resources. All of your business classes will be held in the Jetter School of Business. This building boasts a large, round classroom in the center that serves as an ideal setting for large classes or visits from renowned speakers. It also features an up-to-date computer lab, which is used for computer-based courses, such as Spreadsheets. You will be able to learn the newest, most relevant aspects of programs like Excel while getting hands-on experience with them as you learn.
Management majors will have the opportunity to travel through their participation in Enactus or IBI.
- Enactus is an international non-profit organization that brings together student, academic, and business leaders who are committed to using the power of entrepreneurial action to improve the quality of life and standard of living for people in need. Guided by academic advisors and business experts, the student leaders of Enactus create and implement community empowerment projects around the globe.
- The Belize Clean Water Coalition focuses on purifying the unclean drinking water in the country of Belize in three villages. MVNU Enactus members travel to Belize to educate children and adults about the importance of clean drinking water by introducing the Berkey Water Filtration system that purifies a sustainable amount of water.
- The International Business Institute is designed to give students an opportunity to experience the international dimension of the many fields of business. The program is 10 weeks long and includes periods of residence in key locations as well as coordinated visits and presentations in the major political and economic centers of Russia, The European Union, India, and China.
Management majors also have the option of pursuing the Music Business Minor. This minor is offered by MVNU in conjunction with the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU) Best Semester Program. Students pursuing the Music Business minor will spend a semester studying at the Contemporary Music Center in Nashville, Tennessee.
All MVNU students are also invited to participate in our many other service and learning trips.
A degree in Management from MVNU provides you with an endless list of career options. You could pursue a career in sales, marketing, human resources, or become a manager in just about any field you could think of. Employers from every profession are looking for people with the leadership skills MVNU’s program will help you develop.
MVNU Management grads have worked at:
- Nationwide Financial
- The J.M. Smucker Company
- Southern Ohio Medical Center
- JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Hershey Medical Center
- AEP Ohio
- CES Credit Union
- Discover Financial Services
- L Brands
- Cleveland Clinic
“I'm so thankful to be at this wonderful place, where people care about you succeeding and they're more than glad to pray for you.”Matt Harden, ‘20